Director of Development for The Rosenbach of the Free Library of Philadelphia
The Director of Development for The Rosenbach of the Free Library of Philadelphia will be responsible for building and growing the development program for the Rosenbach on all levels including Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Special Events, Restricted Programs and Endowment. The Director of Development will work closely with the Development team of the Free library of Philadelphia Foundation to ensure an efﬁcient and successful giving program. This position reports to the Vice President for Development of the Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation.
• Participate on the Senior Leadership Team charged with building and growing the development and institutional advancement program for The Rosenbach.
• Oversee the aggressive growth of the Annual Fund, with particular emphasis on expanding Major Gifts pipeline.
• Manage the Delancey Society and work with volunteer leadership to expand the network of donors giving $1,000+ to the Rosenbach.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit and manage a portfolio of 100+ Major Gift prospects with the ultimate goal of increasing giving to the Annual Fund, restricted programs and building the endowment.
• Supervise Rosenbach development staff whose primary responsibilities include direct mail solicitation, stewardship and acknowledgement processes and special projects.
• Oversee the Rosenbach’s long term strategy to build community of donors throughout the Philadelphia region and nationally.
• Work with special events team to plan high level donor recognition and cultivation events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of ﬁve years of progressive Development experience and a proven record of success in engaging prospective donors and closing gifts.
• Candidate must have a strategic approach to moves management and cultivating donors.
• A strong background in volunteer management and volunteer leadership development.
• Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Bachelor degree
• Proﬁciency with MS Ofﬁce Suite with strong working abilities in Microsoft Word and Excel and knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, or similar fundraising program, preferred.
• Interested candidates should contact Christine Kowalski at kowalskic [at] freelibrary [dot] org.